The Shift Network is a global, Internet-based transformational education company with a big mission: To help humanity evolve and create a sustainable, healthy, peaceful and prosperous world.
We cover areas from spiritual growth to holistic health to plant wisdom and have featured more than 2000 of today’s leading luminaries and expert teachers while launching nearly 500 paid courses and trainings and reaching over 1.5 Million people.
The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice and creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
The Shift Network is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our current openings include:
Customer Support & Registration Specialist
Do you long to step into a career path that truly aligns with your inner values and purpose in life? Are you feeling called to serve in a more expanded way than ever before? Can you imagine what it would be like to personally help individuals from all corners of the globe to become more awakened, inspired and empowered? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and work with a compassionate and innovative team of like-hearted individuals who are fully dedicated to transforming our world?
If you’ve answered with a resounding “Yes!” to the above, and if you are eager to join a stellar support team that consistently raises the bar, then read on to learn about our current opportunity.
Stated simply, the Customer Support & Registration Specialist answers phone calls and emails from our participants, addresses their questions, assists them with registration, and generally provides whatever help is needed, including technological guidance and advice.
There’s more to it than that though because we are in the business of transforming lives and empowering a global community of people working to create a better world. So there are some unique qualifications that we look for when hiring.
At The Shift Network we genuinely love our global community members and we’re fiercely dedicated to their empowerment and transformation. Our Customer Support Specialists are not just friendly problem solvers, they’re also the eyes and ears of Shift! As they dialogue with our customers, our Support Specialists listen intently and then come up with innovative ways to help our teams to upgrade our offerings and heighten the overall customer experience.
We are fortunate to have a wonderful and highly conscious customer base who are delightful to serve and to engage with, but as all Support professionals know, anyone can have a rough day and unload their frustrations and grievances onto the first CS Specialist they come into contact with. It’s a highly evolved person who can remain compassionate, centered, calm and grounded in the midst of a customer’s melt-down and gently guide them through to a succesful resolution. And nothing gives our team more pleasure than to be able to do just that!
Creating a warm, compassionate, safe, friendly and professional container for individuals who are going through profoundly transformational experiences takes a special person who understands how to stay present and neutral. It helps to have a good grasp of what people ocassionaly experience when they are going through an awakening or opening. It’s beneficial for Support Specialists to have first-hand experience with transformational learning and practices like meditation, yoga, shamanism, healing arts, etc.
In addition to the communication skills and other unique talents listed above, the Customer Support Specialist must be highly proficient with technology. While answering support and registration phone calls, the specialist must work skillfully and rapidly, navigating multiple web platforms simultaneously, while remaining gracious, warm and unflappable at all times. The CS Specialist must stay continuously up-to-date on our offerings, and on all relevant issues so as to be able to provide seamless assistance to our community.
- Provide the best possible customer support with each person you assist either via phone or email, communicating with them in a friendly, professional, compassionate and skillful manner
- Support our program registrations and sales by taking orders and troubleshooting registration challenges
- Sleuth out and diagnose problem areas and resolve customer concerns
- Troubleshoot technical issues participants are having accessing our offerings, and liase with our tech team as needed to make our platforms as user friendly as possible
- Collaborate with appropriate team members in Support and other departments to provide helpful feedback and bring about improvements and solutions
- Seek always to improve the customer experience in every interaction
- Exemplify the values, vision and mission of The Shift Network in all dealings with customers, clients, community members and faculty – walk the talk!
- Must be interested in a full-time position with long-term career potential, and able to start by early 2019; willing to occasionally work early evening or partial weekend hours for special events and launches; will consider applicants from California only
- Minimum of two successful years working in a CS/CX role of some kind, whether it be on a support or hospitalilty team, in a call center that delivers exceptional care and service, or related industry. Experience with registration, sales and order processing is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Other job-related training a plus (Communication and conflict resolution training, empathy training, etc)
- Alignment with The Shift Network's vision, mission and values; familiarity with the transformational online educational industry and the programs we offer
- Passionate about providing exceptional Customer Service with a genuine love of helping others; Excellent communication skills (written and spoken); ability to remain calm and unflappable particularly while speaking with those who aren’t; creative problem solver
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high work load environment dealing with time-sensitive issues while maintaining a friendly, calm attitude when assisting customers; can flow with the demands and challenges of a growing company with a rapid growth trajectory, and be comfortable with change
- Able and set up to work remotely with a fully functional, highly secure home office, high-speed Internet service, video and screen sharing ready; Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Prior experience with Slack, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Forms, Zendesk, Skype, Zoom, Infusionsoft, Facebook strongly preferred
- Capable of working on a computer with a headset on for hours at a stretch, answering support emails and phone calls
- Fully competent with technology, platforms and software systems, and social media (esp. Facebook), able to navigate numerous Internet platforms simultaneously while communicating with customers in time-sensitive situations to rapidly resolve issues regardless of what the customer’s level of competency with technology is
We value our employees, and we know that when our employees are happy, our customers will be also! We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Some degree of flexible scheduling
- Excellent onboarding and job training
- Health Insurance packages with optional FSA
- 401K (including company matching)
- Technology allowance
- Unlimited access to our transformational education library and the opportunity to study with brilliant thought leaders and teachers
1) For immediate consideration, please provide your cover letter including the 3 top reasons you feel you are qualified for this position along with your resume.
2) If you have strong technological skills and intermediate to advanced knowledge of InfusionSoft, please include that in your information as well.
Sr. Director, Engineering
As Sr. Director of Engineering at The Shift Network Inc, you will take on the lead role in evaluating the company’s current technical infrastructure, engineering assets and make recommendations on how to improve, replace, and integrate the company’s backend systems as it relates to the current and proposed business trajectory.
The Shift Network Inc is a growing ($10MM) company in the online self-improvement market. The company has grown by mostly using well know Google and SAS products to handle its sales, advertising, marketing, and reporting. These Google and SAS products have served the company well, but information has been siloed in different products leading to elevated complexity, manual processes and a decrease of product workflow, communication and synergy.
The company is currently experiencing its next level of growth and requires its systems and technical infrastructure to grow with it. This includes migrating off of Google applications, upgrading and/or eliminating existing applications, crating a central reporting tools/dashboards for management to keep track of company data and KPI’s and expanded delivery of online products.
This is a full time position and reports to the COO.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
Our ideal person would:
- Be someone who possesses both hands on engagement and management skills.
- Has advanced skills in consumer-facing sales environments.
- Be comfortable communicating with C-level management and providing honest, direct feedback, recommendations and capable of substantiating technical expenditures.
- Understands that documentation has equal value as skilled implementation.
- Full stack (presentation, application, and data) development experience and expertise.
- Have knowledge of or worked with the following systems:
- WordPress and/or Wix
- CMS/DAM asset management
- LMS Customer Interface
- Amazon Web Services
- Facebook Advertising
- Google AdWords
- Financial Software (QB Online)
- Have experience in SQL and database design.
- Advanced skills with APIs and how systems are designed, tested, and implemented.
- Be a stickler for security and creating a secure environment.
- Work with internal and external product partners and technology stakeholders to build and maintain a long-term technology roadmap.
If you have the interest in joining our team, and bring the talent outlined above, please provide your email cover letter and resume for consideration.APPLY
Ready to work alongside and engage with leading-edge luminaries and amazing teams dedicated to making a positive difference in people’s lives? We have a new position that holds promise for just the right talent!
Our Product Manager is one to design, create and deliver consistently high quality transformational education design for existing and emerging products. This position will coordinate within and between departments and with faculty to implement Standard Operating Procedures and to continually improve efficiency, information flow and accuracy, and consistency for all stakeholders: staff, customers and faculty. This position reports to our Director of Production.
This is a full-time employee position. Local residents preferred for office attendance 2-3 days per week in the Petaluma office. For work at home days, you must have high-speed internet and a fully functional home office. We will possibly consider applicants located throughout California or Oregon, and again, with very strong preference given to local candidates.
Oversee Design, Development and Delivery of specific Products.
- Primary faculty liaison for Production Team in specific content- or faculty-driven (or product type) product design and development
- Serve as team lead on collaborative TSN team (e.g., Marketing, Innovations, Advertising, Media Studio) to specify appropriate course content, design, product type and delivery mechanism
- Oversee production of specific products in on time and under-budget manner and incorporating metrics for all product development
- Utilize and improve Standard Operating Procedures with improved standards for Product Associates
Manage Product Design & Development
- Collaborate in early Faculty and Team conversations to bring educational and transformational expertise and perspective to product design and development process
- Assist Director of Production and Director of Media Studio to develop content with long shelf life in mind
- Assist and advise with design and development of new and existing product lines
- Lead design and delivery of new product offerings in collaboration with Innovation team
Manage Improvement of Customer Experience:
- Collaborate with Director of Production and Director of Customer Service (and other teams) to evaluate Customer Experience and implement customer feedback into future transformational education designs and product offerings in conjunction with the VP Transformational Learning and Customer Support
- Support Director of Production to conduct regular interviews of select Top Customers
- Stay apprised of customer experience and product performance
Manage Product Associates
Experience You Bring:
- 3-5 years educational, transformational or adult learning experience, preferred in product development or curriculum design
- 3-5 years functioning in a project manager capacity, preferably working on cross-disciplinary teams
- 2-3 years management capacity
- 1-2 years internet marketing experience, preferred in e-learning environment, preferably in marketing metrics for business decisions
- 1-2 years in creating or editing video content
- 3-5 years working in Project Management Systems, e.g. Asana, Trello, Slack, Zoho, Google spreadsheets
- Proven expertise in working with multiple digital video platforms including Zoom, Skype
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, and handling situations with diplomacy
Why Join Us?
- Combination office/virtual position, 2-3 days per week in the Petaluma
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package including health, dental, vision and rich PTO
- Access to our online courses
- Opportunity to take part in The Shift Network’s work abroad program and live and work in another country for a month each year
- An opportunity to apply your talents to a business community of people who get meaning and purpose from the work they contribute
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please press the button belowAPPLY
Production Scheduling Coordinator
The Production Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for communicating with Course Faculty and The Shift Network’s Production and Marketing teams to provide scheduling and other administrative deliverables in the product development and launch cycle. This position reports to the Director of Product Design and Delivery.
- Collaborates with the Director of Product Design and Delivery to know when faculty are ready for scheduling and on-boarding, and if appropriate, run all new Faculty contracts that are issued for sign off by CEO/President
- Schedule production and marketing calls with faculty and calendar with TSN staff and Faculty
- Maintain the TSN Master (and other spreadsheets) to keep track of scheduling and course on-boarding
- Outline the course’s weekly schedule and calendar
- Determine which day of the week the course will run
- Communicate with the Director of Product Design and Delivery to determine which course manager/product manager will manage the course
- Attend weekly Production Team meetings
Collaborates with the Director of Marketing regarding timing of marketing calls, as needed
- Collaborates with Course Managers/Product Managers as it relates to various matters regarding the start of a course.
- Collaborates with Finance to ensure that Faculty payments are sent in a timely manner
- Sends all pre-course call reminder communications
- Handles all re-scheduling of pre-course calls
- Coordinate with Marketing Team to assign copywriters
- Confirm that hosts are assigned to pre-course call (i.e., Live Q&A calls)
- Maintain data for video contractor related to pre-course calls
- Send Faculty their course agreement and W-9 forms, and track completion. Answers question that Faculty have about their agreement, and elevate to management as needed
- Tracks Faculty payments
- Project management including tracking; produce reports that track scheduling status
- Supports evaluation and feedback processes to ensure continuous improvement
- Responds to requests from Marketing team and relays delivery considerations
- Other duties, as assigned
- 3-5 years project execution and administrative experience
- Competence and confidence with technology platforms preferably with experience in Google Documents, Google Sheets, and/or Zoom, Slack
- Ability to interface with leading faculty and colleagues in a highly professional and diplomatic manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to multi-task and change directions at a moment’s notice
- Excellent organizational, time, strategic, management, writing and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Must have reliable home office equipment including high-speed internet connection and quiet environment to host public programs
- Some knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers and schools of thought
- 1-2 years remote office experience, preferred
- SF Bay area residents only for office attendance requirement
In gratitude for your desire to join The Shift Network team,