The Shift Network is a global, Internet-based transformational education company with a big mission: To help humanity evolve and create a sustainable, healthy, peaceful and prosperous world.
We cover areas from spiritual growth to holistic health to plant wisdom and have featured more than 2000 of today’s leading luminaries and expert teachers while launching nearly 500 paid courses and trainings and reaching over 1.5 Million people.
The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice and creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
The Shift Network is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our current openings include:
Summits Marketing Manager
We have a new opportunity at The Shift Network for a Summits Marketing Manager. This position is responsible for the performance of our highly successful product line of online summits. This key marketing role covers multiple areas of responsibility from contributing to the strategic roadmap, to audience targeting and segmentation, to executing best-in-class customer acquisition and conversion campaigns.
This role requires solid strategic and tactical marketing experience in the B2C online education space and strong project management skills. You will function as a key driver and integral team player between our marketing and product development and transformational learning teams.
To be effective, you will achieve deep knowledge of our customers while applying data, including relevant market insights and marketing trends, to drive positioning, messaging and innovation that produces results. The ideal candidate will effectively combine strategic and analytical abilities with an innovative, creative mindset and strong inter-personal skills. Success depends on your ability to know when to drive and know when to roll-up your sleeves and execute.
This is a full-time employee position and reports to the Director, Advertising & Summits Marketing. Office attendance is required 2-3 days per week in Petaluma, CA. For work at home days, you must have high-speed internet and a fully functional home office.
- Develop, drive and deliver successful data-driven marketing and customer acquisition campaigns for the company’s online summit product line to meet or surpass performance objectives.
- Utilize a data-focused approach in contributing to the growth of the company’s online summit product line, as well as develop strategies to optimize the performance of individual summits.
- Take point in ensuring all key stakeholders and functional areas are in sync, collaborating and coordinating effectively with other areas of marketing including advertising, content marketing, email marketing, social media along with other functional areas of the organization including product development (transformational learning), customer service and operations.
- Develop and execute effective funnel and customer acquisition tactics, using a data-centric approach to measuring, iterating and optimizing results throughout the lifecycle of the campaign.
- Collaborate as an effective partner with our product development (transformational learning) group in identifying and supporting successful hosts, speakers, content and upgrade/bonus offers.
- Work closely with copywriters and designers to develop and deliver compelling messaging and online marketing campaign materials – along with content marketing colleagues to map out engaging customer journeys and funnels, to attract and meet the needs of the target audience, achieving strong engagement and conversion KPIs.
- Hold a mindset for ongoing iteration and improvement, utilizing testing and data-oriented customer feedback to optimize results at every touch-point.
- Stay on top of market trends, competitive landscape and customer insights to constantly inform the business and improve results.
- Contribute copywriting and/or design direction for marketing, advertising, social and web content as part of managing, developing and executing campaign deliverables.
- 5+ years of product marketing and/or customer acquisition experience in the B2C online learning space. Specific experience in marketing online personal development courses and/or summits is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Proficient in business applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs, as well as project tracking tools like Asana and Slack.
- Fundamentally strong in data analytics and ROI-tracking, with a solid working knowledge of basic analytics tools including Google Analytics and Hotjar.
- Solid ability to write and/or edit compelling marketing copy as needed – for emails, sales pages, social post and ads.
- Attention to detail, an eye for quality, a customer-focused mindset and an obsession with tracking performance.
- Excellent team player with strong people and collaboration skills to effectively interact with cross-functional colleagues, consultants, hosts and speakers.
- Ability to skillfully push for innovation when needed, drive for results at every turn, while maintaining a respectful, humble and balanced approach.
- A passion for life-long learning, specifically in the personal development and transformational learning field is a must.
Personal Skills And Attributes Include:
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Proactive performer with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with company executives, faculty and speakers
- Empathic communicator — able to see things from the other person’s point of view
- A lifelong learner, embracing new experiences and responsibilities
- Effective in executing within a co-creative and collaborative team environment, with a strong ability to work well with others and be an integral team player
Why Join Us?
- Competitive compensation
- Beautiful office location in Petaluma, CA
- Schedule flexibility allowing 2-3 days per week work from home
- Benefits package including health, dental, vision and rich PTO
- 401K including company matching
- Technology allowance
- Unlimited access to our transformational education library and the opportunity to study with brilliant thought leaders and teachers
- Joining a business community of people who get meaning and purpose from the work they do
- Opportunity to take part in Shift's work abroad program and live and work in another country for a month each year
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume
Human Resources Manager
The Shift Network empowers people to radically improve their lives and the world through the transformational education products and services we produce in alignment with our company’s vision, mission, values and purpose, and we love what we do! We work hard, but we also believe that our day-to-day work life should be exciting, enjoyable and uplifting for our employees, full of opportunities for growth, collaboration, creativity and innovation. We have an amazing team of dedicated and talented colleagues who are looking to bring our work and the company to the world on a larger platform than ever before, and we believe it’s possible to do that while also creating a healthy, inclusive, vibrant, enjoyable and supportive company culture.
We are seeking a seasoned HR professional to help us get there by building a strong department, and by facilitating a “high-happiness, high-performance” culture in which employees flourish and are empowered to bring their best to the table every day.
Our HR Manager will work closely with our VP Operations, CFO and HR Consultant in order to build and manage a fully functioning HR Department that safeguards the organization and its employees, while creating a highly productive, inclusive and pleasing company culture that our employees can truly thrive in.
- Design and implement the programs, projects and action steps necessary to achieve the strategic planning of the department, including meeting its weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Develop programs and procedures and adopt industry best practices in the areas of compliance, employee safety, welfare, health and related areas
- Research HR platforms best suited for our administrative needs, (applicant tracking, benefit management, etc), determine which would be most appropriate for us moving forward, and submit proposal(s) based on findings
- Maintain accurate Org Chart, Employee Handbook, company roster, job descriptions for each position, and other organizational tools such as workflow maps for all departments
- Implement KPI tracking and reporting, performance reviews and related systems
- Organize procedures for recruitment, hiring, orientation, on-boarding and training of staff
- Manage the recruitment and selection process to attract and procure talented, qualified staff who are aligned with the mission, vision and values of The Shift Network
- Improve processes for termination including conducting exit interviews
- Provide employee counseling and coaching related to performance and working relationships, and effectively manage issues if/when they arise
- Design innovative ways to enhance corporate culture as well as to align our workforce with the strategic goals and plans of the company and vision
- Assist in the management of company benefits including enrollment, renewals, and compliance
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the areas of employee benefits and submit findings
- Assist in the development of the HR departmental budget, and keep the department on track
- Keep current on legal and other aspects of HR through additional training and/or certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HR
- 3-5 years experience in an HR capacity with supervisory experience preferred
- Proven ability to build and manage a department and successfully lead
- Demonstrated record of improving employee morale and reducing turnover
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment law and industry best practices
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Skilled in coaching or counselling employees with sensitivity, confidentiality and neutrality
- Experienced in the administration of benefits and other HR related programs
- Familiarity with HR platforms designed for applicant tracking, benefits management, compliance, etc
- Ability to establish and maintain useful documents (Org Charts, JDs, Emp Handbook, Onboarding Manual) and other useful tools so as to ensure employee success and stability
- Knowledgeable in the areas of recruitment, KPI’s, performance reviews, and termination procedures
- High-level organizational ability and fierce attention to detail
- Must be able to work in our Petaluma, CA offices at least two or three days per week and set up with fully functioning, secure and confidential remote home office for remaining days
- Must be highly competent with office tools such as Word, PP, Excel, Google, Slack, Zoom, etc
- Stellar HR department that provides a solid foundation from which the company can scale
- Stable, highly skilled and empowered workforce that functions well together
- Employees aligned with our vision and offerings and passionate about their respective contributions
- Highly inclusive, safe and happy company culture that generates positivity, passion and productivity
If this excites you in a way that you want to jump in with both feet and hit the ground running, then please apply by pushing the button below. We would like to see a cover letter with the top 3 reasons you are the best applicant for this position along with your resume.APPLY
In gratitude for your desire to join The Shift Network team,